Please note that the following care instruction details are only general guidelines. Please refer to each artworks individual detail descriptions for specific medium and material information. All of our original artworks are made with care and attention to detail. Our original oil paintings & prints are purposefully framed without glass in order to highlight & maximise the viewing experience of the work. Although this means they are highly susceptible to their environments, particularly to sunlight & humidity. We suggest the following care instructions in order to maximise optimum longevity of your artwork;
- (1) Please avoid hanging your pieces in direct sunlight or in settings that are very humid. Due to the delicacy of works on paper, these harsh conditions can cause your artwork to fade, discolour, ripple, sweat or buckle over time.
- (2) If dust forms over your painting you may gently wipe over the surface of the piece with a soft micro-fibre cloth or lightly dust with a very soft brush.
- (3) Avoid any water or oils to come in direct contact with your artwork.
- (4) Hanging - all of our artworks are framed with high strength d-rings & braided wire in order to ensure hanging longevity. Please use plaster plugs or wall mates when hanging your work on a plaster wall to ensure the hook or screw you use will hold over time. Hannah Nowlan & Grain of Descent will not be held accountable for any damage made to your artwork due to improper hanging, display or installation of your artwork after purchasing. However, if any damage is made to the artwork or framing, we are more than happy to inspect the damage and if deemed fixable, we can restore the artwork or framing at an additional cost.
- (5) Travelling - if you are moving house or simply moving your artwork, we suggest wrapping your work carefully in bubble wrap & a layer of sturdy brown paper for protection. Take extra care when wrapping the front - avoid any sticky tape or packing tape to touch the paper & add extra bubble wrap over corners for added protection.
Artwork shipping is an additional cost during checkout for National and International orders.
PACKAGING: Our artworks are meticulously, carefully, wrapped and packaged before shipping in order to make sure no damage will occur to your artwork during shipping. For unframed works we carefully roll and package your artwork into a sturdy cardboard mailing tube.
INSURANCE: All our artworks are shipped with online tracking and insurance covering the full value of the artwork for added peace of mind when ordering one of our original artworks online.
For more information about our shipping policies, particularly for our Regional Australian customers and International customers, please refer to our Shipping + Handling page.